Dear Prayer Partners,
Greetings from Sammy & Winny here at LMKenya Nairobi, Kenya. Please prayer for call to all Congress which is coming next month. We are commissioned to preach the gospel to all nation and thats what we as LMKenya are committed to. You can visit the Call2All Website for details. Thanks for standing in the gap for the great commission Matt. 28:19-20
Till the Whole World is Reached,
Sammy & Winny Ndumu
- - -
The Call2ALL congress is about six weeks away. We are very excited about the congress and the impact that it will have in stirring our hearts towards the finishing the task of the Great Commission together in our generation. If you have registered yet, we want to encourage you to register immediately either on line or at our office at LIFE Ministry - Kenya.
We also want to invite you in joining us to spread the word around through your networks in mobilising leaders for the congress both locally and regionally. I look forward to a favourable response as we join hands and see God do a mighty work in this part of the world.
- - -
God has a sense of humour,
Even during the summer season in Kenya He can shower snow. He is our God. God does the impossibilities of Man, Snow during summer month in Kenya, Africa ! Just putting a smile on your face because you care. Have a blessed day and meditate on God's greatness. He is able to do more than what we can think or imagine. Have a blessed day.
Sammy & Winny
Nairobi International School of Theology (NIST)
Preparing to Go to Senegal
Sheri hopes to begin work in Barthimee Medical Center in February 2009—a Christian hospital in Thies, 60km east of Dakar. Her role will include working at the hospital, community health nursing, and visiting interior villages and doing literacy, chronological Bible teaching, women's ministries, evangelism campaigns, nutrition clinics, water projects, famine relief, and street children’s ministries.
UPDATES FROM THE MAGEZIS
Dear Praying Friends,
Greetings in the matchless name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving” (Col. 2:6,7). Colossians 2 has been the passage for our theme of the cerebrations of 51 years since our Diocese was inaugurated and 72 years since the time revival came to our region. Since Thursday the 4th of September up today the 7th, we have been meeting daily on the outdoor grounds to praise and worship and listen to different speakers who came from different parts of Eastern Africa where revival has made an impact. Today over 3000 people attended many of them surrendered their lives to Christ newly while others re-dedicated their lives to Christ. UBI team was fully involved in organizing, interpreting for the speakers and leading sessions.
- The primary and secondary schools will open on 15th this month of September 2008 for the third and final term of the year 2008. We have enjoyed having children at home for one month.
- The family is in good health and we pray that we would stay healthy as we seek to love and serve the Lord willingly and wholeheartedly.
- UBI is now in session for the fall semester which started on 11th August 2008. The campus is now busy, and we are very encouraged and excited to see committed teachers keeping students busy. We have two new groups of full-time students, namely, Diploma class one and Certificate class one. Our In-service class two will finish there course in December 2008 while In-service one will be completing their first year. That will allow us to enroll another In-service class in January while the current In-service one will be promoted to class two. We have a total of five groups of students.
- We are experiencing a general challenge of the hiking of prices for essential commodities due to the rising of fuel prices. This is a general problem for schools in Uganda and I believe it has affected most of the parts of the world. Some schools have increased the fees which we cannot do because most of our students come from humble families. We are now revising the budgets for both construction and operational because the ones we made in November 2007 for the year 2008 have failed. We, however, do not lose hope because our God is able to see us through.
- Pray for the fall semester which began on 11th August 2008 to continue running well. Pray for the students to enjoy the material as it changes their lives and prepare them for the gospel ministry.
- Pray for the students who completed their courses to use the material they have acquired for the advancement of the gospel among their communities. Pray for the continuing students to grow spiritually as they learn the material. Pray for their families and financial support.
- Pray for Mike and Susan Boyett to return safely from USA and teach.
- Pray that we may get resources to finish up the construction of the cafeteria and embark on another students’ hostel because some of our students are sleeping in one of the staff houses.
- Pray for good health for all the UBI community. Continue to pray that we may get more fulltime national teachers. Pray for the spirit of unity and commitment to the vision of training Church leaders, a greatly needed ministry in Uganda and Africa as a whole.
“… AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSEHOLD, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD” (Joshua 24:25).